The fastest way to get off ‘Auto’ mode and unlock the creative potential of your camera.
- Everything from the basics of how your camera works and correct technique through to setting your AF mode, AF points, resolution.
- My top 10 tips for framing up great photos, covering everything from rule of thirds and leading lines, through to what to look for in a background and more…
- What makes your photos come out brighter or darker, how to control exposure with exposure compensation, looks at different metering modes, histogram graphs and more, ending with practical session #1
- Aperture and Depth Of Field, what it is, the easy way to understand and control it…
I’ve been running this 1-day photography course around Australia & New Zealand since 2009, helping several thousand people gain more enjoyment from their passion – one small group at a time.
However, as we’re now busier than ever running our Photography Tours, the time has come to throw open the doors and let everyone enjoy it! Divided into sequential sections, each video features plenty of examples, animations and easy-to-understand explanations to guide you right through from basic camera setup and composition, to aperture, shutter speed, exposure compensation, ISO, lighting, lenses, histograms, white balance and so much more!
The first 5 parts are ready to watch for FREE!
Who is the target audience?
- What skill level is needed? This photography course is aimed at beginners right through to keen-enthusiast photographers. We start at the very basics (you’d be surprised how often even skilled photographers actually lack some of these fundamentals!) and then work up. We’re always delighted to hear that even accomplished photographers who’ve done the course still report that they were surprised how much they still learned. The main concern our guests seem to have before they do the course is that they might not be advanced enough, but let me assure you that this is never the case! We’ve had people attend the course pulling their camera out of the plastic-wrap and turning it on for the first time, and they too find the course invaluable and still well-paced.
- Suitable for all cameras? Yes for sure! All the theory is exactly the same across all camera types and brands, and as you’ll see in my examples and diagrams, I include the various terminology, mode-setting names etc used across the full range of cameras. While most of my examples are using a full-on DSLR camera, things like mirrorless, micro 4/3rd cameras and even bridge / compact cameras etc can do virtually all the same things – sometimes the features might just be buried in a menu somewhere, and/or the effects can be less dramatic – but it’s all there, waiting to be unleashed! Even if all you use is a smartphone camera, there’s still loads of tips you’ll pick up on this course to greatly improve your photography – things like composition, lighting, exposure, practical tips etc – all that stuff 100% applies to all photography, irrespective of what type of camera you have!
- What makes this course great? There are many reasons why this course has become so popular, but the most common feedback is that it’s just taught in a very easy-to-understand and approachable way – no complex jargon words, no unnecessary graphs or irrelevant theory. Having constantly tweaked this course for 7 years, I can now walk you a very well-defined path to learning just what you need to know, as simply as possible, with plenty of great examples etc. Read the reviews – people always come away inspired and full of new understanding. The summary clip-cards and course notes handbook also go a long way to maximising the ongoing value for my course, so you can refer to them either in times of need, or just when you’ve got some time to kill and want to brush-up without having to stream the videos all over again.